Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Enchanted.



Okay, I realize this picture is somewhat blurry, but I will most likely have some more pictures of this to post soon so if you like what you see here...stay tuned. This was one of my favorite styles to do. Lucky for me the inspiration came from Dawn, my sister in law. I have done several different updos on Dawn over the years and felt honored to help with her wedding day as well. Let me just add that she has the most beautiful hair to work with.

Like, Katie (below), Dawn wanted her hair up but still wanted to show length. You can't tell very well from this picture but she actually has quite a bit of hair left out on the bottom. We wanted a loose, romantic feel, but also needed it to stay in tact for a long day. We started out at the top on this one because if you don't like how you look from the front view, well, the rest is useless. By picking up 2-3 inch sections of hair and wrapping them in loops we created this look. Talk about bobby pins!! We also added some bobby pins which Dawn had made with pearls on the ends to make it even more interesting. I thought it was a nice touch and actually did the same thing in my hair on my own wedding day. We finished the look by curling the bottom hair that was left out in large ringlets. Dawn also wore a tiara which of course made her look even more like a princess. Thanks for sharing Dawn!

1 comment:

Lu said...

Okay why did I get married when I had short hair?